On September 3rd, the new S-Bahn lost property office near the Warschauer Straße stop opened its doors on Rudolfstraße 1-8, 10245 Berlin. This is where you go to drop off, find or pick up lost items.
S-Bahn and BVG under one roof
With 400 square metres of warehouse space, the new location has plenty of room to give lost property a new, temporary home – and now, it’s your single point of call for both S-Bahn and BVG enquiries. So, if you’re not sure which public transport authority might be responsible for your missing item, you can start at the S-Bahn desk … and then continue your search at the nearby BVG counter if your first query wasn’t successful. The two companies‘ new, joint lost property office was opened by Peter Buchner, Chairman of the S-Bahn Berlin Board, and BVG CEO Dr. Sigrid Nikutta.
Chairman of the Board, S-Bahn Berlin
How can I report my loss?
- Simply use our new online lost property search (for items lost up to 4 weeks ago)
*the online search is operated by an external service provider. Your data is treated with strict confidentiality. Further information on privacy and data protection
- You can also call our hotline on +49 30 297 43 333 to contact our customer service staff.
(Mondays to Fridays from 6am to 10pm and Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 7am to 9pm)
Which lost property does the S-Bahn lost & found handle?
- All items lost on S-Bahn trains or S-Bahn platforms are taken to the Berlin S-Bahn lost property office.
- Items found at stations with national, regional and S-Bahn service continue to be processed by DB Station and Service at lost & found.
How do I get my property back? What do I need to bring or be aware of to collect my item?
- If you’ve spotted your lost item in our online lost property search, you can pick it up in person from the S-Bahn lost property office, referencing the respective lost property number.
- You will also need to bring a valid ID card or passport.
What kind of fees should I expect?
- We don’t charge any fees for sorting and storage, so picking up your item from our lost & found is free of charge.
- In rare cases, when the lost property office ships lost items (e. g. abroad), you will need to reimburse the shipping costs.
- A lost item can also be picked up by another person. This person have to show a completed Letter of authorisation.
Here are some prevention tips:
- Label relevant items (such as suitcases, bags, laptops) with a contact number.
- Control check to see if you’ve left anything behind before departing.
- Report a lost item even if you have doubts that it will not be recovered. You never know!