- Valid 24/7 for a whole year
- New offer for apprentices
- Great offer for long-distance-travel in the VBB network
- To buy this ticket, your training provider must be listed in this overview
- Ticket is non-transferable
|Zones||Costs with annual payment*||Costs with monthly payment*|
|Entire VBB network||€365.00||€384.00|
* only available by subscription for 12 months
Children aged 0-5 travel for free.
Details subject to change.
Tickets are available from the following:
To complete the subscription…
- … a completed application must be submitted (only in German). You will receive the application form directly on site or here for download.
- ... a completed and stamped credential of your training provider (not older than 30 days) has to be provided and marked with a hologram sticker.
- ... you need your ID card, your account information and a passport photo.
Where and how long the ticket is valid:
- For all public transport services (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, regional train, tram, ferry, bus)
- Valid within the entire VBB network
- Unlimited travel at any time
- Ticket is issued to a specific person and therefore non-transferable
Who is it for?
You can apply for a VBB subscription ticket for apprentices if your apprenticeship takes place in Berlin or Brandenburg and lasts at least 12 months with 20 hours a week. Additionally, your training provider needs to be listed in this document. That means, a VBB subscription ticket for apprentices is generally open to:
... all apprentices in the dual training system under BBiG or HwO, like
- commercial apprenticeships (e.g. salesperson, industrial management assistant)
- technical apprenticeships (e.g. industrial mechanic, electrical systems fitter)
... pupils in vocational training programmes (full-time) like
- Training in social professions (e.g. educator, social assistant)
- Training as an administrative or technical assistant (e.g. foreign language assistant, food technical assistant, technical design assistant)
... apprentices in healthcare professions with state acknowledgement like
- nurses and health care workers
- psychotherapist training
... civil servant trainees (low-level, mid-level - category 1)
... Participants in a voluntary social year (Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr, FSJ), a voluntary ecological year (Freiwilliges Ökologisches Jahr) or the Federal Volunteer Service (Bundesfreiwilligendienst, BFD)
The following documents are necessary to subcribe:
- ID card
- passport photo
- completed and stamped credential of your training provider, marked with a hologram sticker (not older than 30 days)
Charges for ending your subscription early:
- If your apprenticeship ends before the end of the subscription and you submit a corresponding proof, the subscription can be terminated prematurely without you having to pay anything in addition.
- In case of an extraordinary termination of your subscription (without presenting a proof of the completion of your apprenticeship), there will be retroactive costs.
Renewing your subscription:
The VBB subscription ticket for apprentices ends automatically after 12 month. It can be renewed for a year each if the conditions are still in place and the needed documentes are shown at the ticket office or submitted online.
Important information about this subscription ticket:
You can manage your subscription via www.abo-antrag.de.
Currently this service is only in German Language available.
A subscription starts on the first day of a month. Anyone who wants to travel before the 1st can use the starter card.
Discounts for subscribers
All S-Bahn subscription holders get to benefit from a host of discounts.
People with this subscription receive a VBB-fahrCard. This card's chip stores the subscription's details.
Free travel, pets and transporting items:
Nobody can accompany the ticket holder for free.
Children aged 0-5 travel for free.
Anyone who wants to transport a bicycle must buy a bicycle ticket that matches their ticket type.
Dogs do not need a ticket.
Animals the size of a domestic cat and smaller do not need a ticket.
The holder can transport luggage for free.
The holder can transport wheelchairs or prams/buggies for free.
This information is valid per ticket and person. Detailed information is available in the terms and conditions of carriage for the VBB tariff system.
The tariff area of the Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB) includes the federal state of Berlin and the state of Brandenburg with its administrative districts and independent cities of Brandenburg, Cottbus, Frankfurt (Oder) and Potsdam.
Fare zone Berlin a includes the city center of Berlin, including the S-Bahn-Ring.
Fare zone Berlin b begins outside the S-Bahn ring and reaches to the city limits.
Fare zone Berlin c includes both the outskirts of Berlin and the city of Potsdam.