- For use on all modes of public transport.
- Permits you to take a bicycle on board.
- Conditions depend on the holder's education institution.
- Valid for the current semester.
- VBB semester tickets for the winter semester 2019/20, which expire on 31 March 2020, will continue to be accepted as tickets for the use of public transport until 30 April 2020. An original certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the summer semester 2020 must be presented. This also applies to the additional ticket (Zusatzticket) for the Berlin semester ticket.
- For first-year students in the summer semester 2020 who do not yet have a semester ticket, the original certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the summer semester 2020 in conjunction with their identity card will be recognised as a valid travel authorisation. This exemption is valid until April 30, 2020.
- Samples of certificates of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigungen) are currently being requested from the universities and made available to the service staff of the transport companies for checking purposes.
- If VBB-Semestertickets cannot be replaced in case of loss, a ticket must be bought before departure. The general ticket obligation still applies.
Saves students money!
The semester ticket is for students whose education institutions have a semester ticket contract with VBB and VBB's transport companies. These students receive information about getting a ticket when they enrol or when their university of choice notifies them about the start of their first semester. Different conditions are in place for different education institutions.