VBB-fahrCard is a chip card on which your subscription is stored electronically. This electronic ticket is the same as your previous ticket but replaces the paper version and offers many advantages.
Further information can be found on the flyer:
- Easy usability: Once on board, wave the card over the reader or present card to ticket controllers.
- Increased security: In the event of theft or loss, your chip card will be blocked immediately after you’ve made a report.
- Chip card replacement: In the event of loss, theft, or damage, you will receive a new VBB-fahrCard right away via the transportation company your subscription contract is with.
- More durable ticket: The plastic card is more durable than the previous paper card. The average life span of a chip card is about 4 years.
- Privacy protection: The VBB-fahrCard only stores data previously included on the paper ticket or customer card. Data on how often you travel will not be stored.