- Cheaper than the normal VBB-Umweltkarte ticket.
- Permits you to take a bicycle on board.
- Requires a VBB customer card.
- Ticket is non-transferable.
Tickets are available at the following prices:
|Zones||Monthly payment||Yearly payment|
|ABC + 1 rural district||100.50 €||995,00 €|
|ABC + 1 rural district + 1 town||125,20 €||1.239,50 €|
Children aged 0-5 travel for free.
Details subject to change.
This ticket is also available for Brandenburg an der Havel, Potsdam, Cottbus and Frankfurt an der Oder.
Prices and information are available in the VBB tariff system.
Tickets are available from the followings:
Where and how long the ticket is valid:
- For all public transport services (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, regional train, tram, ferry and bus).
- Valid in the selected zones.
- The holder has around-the-clock travel for a month.The ticket is valid either from the first to the last day in a month (plus on the last day of the previous month and first day of the following month), or it is valid for a month as of starting date (i.e. from 26 January to 25 February).
- The ticket is issued to a specific person and is non-transferable.
- Valid only in conjunction with a VBB customer card (available from customer centres).
The ticket is valid only if you have a VBB customer card with your full name and the VBB customer card's number is entered in the correct box on each ticket.
A VBB customer card (also known as holder's card) is necessary.
Different types of customer need to submit the following documents to obtain a customer card:
- School students - school ID (Schülerausweis I) or a certificate from school and a passport photo.
- Apprentices - school ID (Schülerausweis II) or apprenticeship contract plus government-issued ID and certification from the company (not older than 30 days) and a passport photo.
Holders who want to renew their VBB customer cards can do so by presenting the necessary documents at transport companies' sales points.
The ticket is available to the following:
- School students aged 14 and under
- Certain groups aged 15 and over:
- School students and students, excl. those at management academies (Verwaltungsakademie), adult education centres (Volkshochschule) and federal states' adult education centres (Landesvolkshochschule);
- Students at private schools or similar education institutions who are not covered by Germany's compulsory vocational school requirement or who attend an institution in receipt of state funding in line with Germany's education funding law;
- People attending courses to retroactively obtain an (augmented) secondary school certificate (erweiterte Bildungsreife), vocational extension or intermediate secondary school certificate (mittlerer Schulabschluss);
- People with apprenticeship or other contracts as per section 26 of Germany's vocational training law (Berufsbildungsgesetz), and people outside a vocational training institution;
- Volunteers and interns before, during or after their state-regulated training or higher education course if this is mandated by the applicable regulations;
- Civil service candidates, interns or other people who do not receive travel cost reimbursements;
- People participating in a voluntary year of social, environmental, etc. work.
NB: When applying, apprentices must present their government-issued ID and apprenticeship contract, and students must present their student ID with a valid semester stamp.
Not entitled to the ticket:
- People in employment, interns and apprentices receiving support as per Germany's social security code III (SGB III);
- Trainee teachers and legal professionals. This also applies to anyone on training courses, receiving tuition or attending language schools.
- Further information is available in the VBB tariff system.
Free travel, pets and transporting items:
Nobody can accompany the ticket holder for free.
Children aged 0-5 travel for free.
The holder does not need to buy a bicycle ticket for Berlin ABC.
Dogs do not need a ticket.
Animals the size of a domestic cat and smaller do not need a ticket.
The holder can transport luggage for free.
The holder can transport wheelchairs or prams/buggies for free.
This information is valid per ticket and person. Detailed information is available in the terms and conditions of carriage for the VBB tariff system.
The tariff area of the Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB) includes the federal state of Berlin and the state of Brandenburg with its administrative districts and independent cities of Brandenburg, Cottbus, Frankfurt (Oder) and Potsdam.
Fare zone Berlin a includes the city center of Berlin, including the S-Bahn-Ring.
Fare zone Berlin b begins outside the S-Bahn ring and reaches to the city limits.
Fare zone Berlin c includes both the outskirts of Berlin and the city of Potsdam.